WHO NEEDS BIOIDENTICAL HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY (BHRT)?
Almost all of us over the age of 40 (and in many cases over 30) begin to experience hormone imbalance. Over our lifetime, we are exposed to environmental and dietary toxins, which contribute to the natural decline of hormones as we age. In order to balance your hormones for optimal health and wellness, it is critical to be evaluated by a physician – including comprehensive lab testing and in-depth initial questionnaires – prior to creating a personalized treatment plan.
Many factors can contribute to conditions and diseases that can occur at any stage in life, resulting from an imbalance of hormones:
- Adrenal fatigue
- Thyroid disease
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Sexual Dysfunction
As a result of hormone imbalance related to these conditions, you may be experiencing one or a combination of what has become known as classic symptoms of aging:
- Weight Gain
- Limited Energy
- Hair Loss
- Low Sex Drive
- Mood Swings
- Poor Concentration
- Memory Loss
If symptoms like these have begun to affect your quality of life, you could be a candidate for bioidentical hormone replacement therapy.
BIOIDENTICAL HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY: MEN
Men, are you experiencing any of the following symptoms?
- Difficulty achieving or maintaining erections
- Hair loss
- Reduced bone mass
- Reduction in testicle size
- Reduced semen production
- Sleeping difficulties
- Diminishing sex drive
- Muscle mass loss
- Hot flashes
- Low energy levels
- Increased body fat
- Changes in mood such as depression, focus, irritability
What is Testosterone Replacement Therapy “TRT” or “Low T” Treatments for Men all About?
- As the male body ages, it begins to decrease production of the primary male hormone testosterone. The symptoms of testosterone deficiency are often attributed to aging and, therefore , not considered by many to be a treatable condition. Testosterone deficiency is treatable with Bio-identical Testosterone (structurally identical to the testosterone the body already produces). Once the condition of testosterone depletion is treated most, of the negative side effects can be managed.
- Testosterone replacement can be highly effective for men who have the signs of andropause “male menopause” , which begins as early as 30 in some. Every patients’ starting hormone levels and symptoms are unique, as well as their response to treatment. As a result, our medical staff works closely with patients to provide unique treatment plans and make appropriate adjustments to optimize the patients’ blood chemistry.
What Are the Symptoms of Testosterone Deficiency During Andropause or “Male Menopause”?
- Low energy / chronic fatigue
- Loss of optimism, low-grade apathy and lack of drive
- Increased forgetfulness
- Irritability: Depressed mood
- Diminished libido
- Erectile dysfunction
- Increase in body fat, especially visceral belly fat
- Decrease in lean muscle mass and strength
- Loss of bone density (osteoporosis)
- Joint pain and backache
- Mental fatigue and inability to maintain focus
What Are the Benefits of Bio-identical Testosterone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) for Men?
- Elevated mood and sense of well being
- Restore and enhance libido as well as to the ability to achieve and maintain an erection
- Increase lean muscle mass
- Reduces inflammation; Decrease joint stiffness and to join pain
- Rejuvenate the immune system
- Reduce body fat; especially visceral (belly) fat
- Restore vitality and zest for life, elevate mood
- Increase energy as well as mental and physical stamina
- Reduce insulin resistance
- Restore memory and improve concentration
- Reverse metabolic syndrome
- Protect against heart disease (decrease in total cholesterol, LDL, and triglycerides)
- Increase bone density (increase calcium retention)
NIA Research on Male Hormone Treatments with Testosterone
The NIA conducted a study on testosterone in the body where the levels of 108 male patients were raised from 370 to 640 ng/dl for 36 months. Each man, on average, lost six pounds of fat and actually increased five pounds of lean muscle over that period. Additionally, there was improvement in bone density. This study demonstrated that a man’s body composition could improve, even if the starting testosterone level (at 370 ng/dl) was above the low-normal range for males.
For questions on what to expect on your first and second visit, pricing, insurance, HSA – Please visit our FAQ Section.
BIOIDENTICAL HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY: WOMEN
Women, would you like to look and feel young again? If you’ve experienced hair loss or thinning hair, low libido, brittle or broken nails, unexplained weight gain, or have trouble staying asleep you may be suffering from an age-induced hormonal imbalance. Bio-Identical hormone replacement therapy may help ease and even improve these symptoms. Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) may be the answer.
The interest in a more natural approach to hormone therapy has focused attention on bioidentical hormones — hormones that are identical in molecular structure to the hormones women make in their bodies. Bioidentical estrogens are 17 beta-estradiol, estrone, and estriol. (Estradiol is the form of estrogen that decreases at menopause.) Bioidentical progesterone is simply progesterone. It’s micronized (finely ground) in the laboratory for better absorption in the body. Bioidentical hormone therapy is often called “natural hormone therapy” because bioidentical hormones act in the body just like the hormones we produce.
Technically, the body can’t distinguish bioidentical hormones from the ones your ovaries produce. On a blood test, your total estradiol reflects the bioidentical estradiol you’ve taken as well as the estradiol your body makes.
How do I find bioidentical hormones?
Bioidentical estrogens, micronized progesterone and/or testosterone are made into a range of products, gels, creams, pills, pellets, many of which are FDA-approved and available with a prescription.
- Bioidentical hormones are the safest and most effective way to treat menopause and andropause symptoms.
- Because bioidentical hormones are molecularly identical to your body’s own natural hormones, they fit the hormone receptors in your body like a key fitting into a lock. When administered correctly, they will work exactly as nature intended, with no detrimental consequences.
- Synthetic hormones are not identical to natural hormones and will not be absorbed properly by hormone receptors.
- Synthetic hormones can cause an increased risk of cancer and other side effects. For example, the synthetic hormone progestin has been linked to breast cancer in women.
What to Look for in a Quality Treatment Protocol
Not all bioidentical hormone treatments are created equal. In order for treatment to be safe and effective, the bioidentical hormones must be administered as part of a quality treatment protocol that includes:
- Treatment for all hormones affecting aging
- Personalized dosages tailored to your exact needs
- Safe delivery methods
- Ongoing lab testing and monitoring
- Oversight by a board-certified doctor
At Regenerate Wellness, our bioidentical hormone therapy includes these safeguards and more. Using the results of lab tests and your description of your symptoms, we’ll work hard to optimize your hormone levels so you can look and feel your best. Treatment is always convenient. With the exception of a few initial office visits, you can self-administer your treatment at home. Unlike some treatment providers, we don’t just write you a prescription and abandon you. Instead, we will stay in close communication with you to make sure your treatment remains safe and effective. We are always available to answer questions and make any necessary adjustments to your treatment.